How do I get my hair 'curly ' ?

9:25 AM





Hey femmes! ,
Ok, so the number one question that I am asked while wearing my hair in it's natural state is, 'how do I make my hair 'curly' ?. To be honest it's probably one of the hardest questions for me to answer because I am very unsure what exactly I am being asked . Is it that I'm being asked 'how I got my curls to be defined? ' or am I legitimately being asked how I attained my curl pattern . However I can pretty much summarize and answer both questions.
 
Firstly , to hell with hair typing systems for me . I have no idea what hair type I have and I've never actually tried to figure it out. I have kinks , coils ,curls and even some bone straight strands in my hair .I really just learn how to work with them by finding out what my hair likes  and staying away from what it doesn't like. For clarification ,you cannot attain a curl pattern by using any product while being natural . However you do have a few products like texturizers which chemically change your hair pattern . So if you're looking for a product to change your natural hair texture without the use of chemicals, I'm sorry sista but I don't know any just yet. However, if you are asking me how to define your curls I may have a few tips that have worked for me which may or may not work for you . 

Tip 1. Keep your hair moisturized as best as possible. You are probably unable to see your curl pattern because your hair is just lacking moisture . Curls tend to pop when the hair is thoroughly moisturized from root to tip . 

Tip 2. Finger detangling . Put down the combs and brushes for a minute . Some of them are really just too harsh for your hair . They may go against your curl pattern and restrict your curls from being more loose.
Tip 3. Try curl defining products . There are many on the market to choose from . Just find one that works for you .
 
These are my top 3 picks for curl definition . These products have seemed to work the best in my hair.
 
 
  >Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
  > Mixed Chicks Leave in Conditioner
  > Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel

Tip 4. Twist out,braid outs, Bantu knots . I personally haven't tried any of these methods because I'm too darn lazy and I'm also waiting for my hair to grow to a particularl length before I do try. But watch some YouTube videos and take a shot femmes .
Tip 5 . Research curly hair methods . You'd be surprised to know that people actually have routines and methods for defining curls . For example the MHM ( Maximum hydration method ) or the Curly girl method .
Tip 6. Accept your hair for what it is . The sooner you do that the better care you will be able to give your hair . There are many different hair textures out there and you will find some products just weren't made for your hair or just won't work as good in your hair . Waves , curls , coils and kinks are all beautiful so just confidently rock your hair !






 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook